Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Statistics

The first unit in Advanced Algebra is a statistics unit. It's the first year of implementation at our school, so I don't want to get too far into it before speaking with the other teachers. We have 10 hours of planning together next week, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

 I have been looking for tasks to use in all my classes. I'm just not that impressed with the books. I want to use a few tasks that Georgia has given. I definitely want to do the Color of Skittles task.  It's amazing what kids will do for candy.  I also want to use a lot of things from Illustrative Mathematics and Math Shell.  I feel like IM uses too much paper when I print it out with their pdfs.  I am so used to only getting a box of paper for a semester, that I try to be very stingy.

I also did the first two foldables.  I just finished creating them in Word.  But I don't have a working printer, so hope they look good once I print.  I made one with the steps for finding standard deviation.  Problems a little much, but when I get in the mood, I just keep going.  I then did one for the normal distribution.  I tried finding one online I could use, and I could only find one, but there didn't seem to be an easily accessible template, so I started from scratch.  I'm not going to really start putting together an INB for this class until next week.

Handmade...hope the electronic one looks better!

I finished my foldables (and most of the INB) for unit 1 in Coordinate Algebra.  Most of that was stolen from other awesome people who post their stuff online.  Can I say how much I don't like TpT?  I don't know...maybe someone one day will convince me it's awesome, but I feel like I'm on the same team as everyone else, and I want to share for free and I'd hope other people would want to too.

About the only thing I got done when I went into school one day last week.

I have no idea if I did these right, so I might be embarrassed if I shared incorrectly.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment