Thursday, July 17, 2014

Math is funny

I'm so excited I found this and I'm teaching about the normal distribution in the first unit.  I do love math humor.

I however, do not enjoy moving.  The movers are coming on Monday.  I'm so tired of packing.  I also have a lot of school stuff left in the house, which I was going to put into my car to bring to school on Monday (I work 45 minutes from home, so it's not a quick gaunt).  But my car is pretty full already.  And the bookshelf in my classroom is full of books from the previous teacher from classes I'm not teaching.  Hopefully someone will take them!

At my interview, I asked if they had document cameras.  They said that only the English dept had them, because they asked for them.  I hope it's okay for me to ask for it, even though I'm just starting.  I keep wracking my brain of a good way to do INB and foldables with my students without one, and it seems like a hassle.  I was thinking I could take a picture of it blank closed, and then open, and I could just write on it on the smartboard.  But I was told the smartboards are so old that they don't really work anymore.  I think a $70 fix is easier than a $2000 fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment